Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Roger Stone?

If you google "Roger Stone forged documents," this blog comes up first.

Why does this matter? Well, it turns out a lot of people are googling those words together today. The NY Post repeated a rumor that is supposedly circulating suggesting Stone forged the Bush Guard Memos.

I previously blogged about Roger Stone back on February 12. He is the Republican operative who had some dubious links to the presidential campaign of Reverend Al Sharpton. He also engineered the "rioting" Cubans who disrupted the ballot counting in the 2000 Florida election fiasco.

And my "forged document" post from February 10 is this blog's most popular post ever -- but it is about the forged Niger documents. I guess since both posts appear on the same page from February, google directs users to this page.

Sorry, if you are looking for followup, virtually everything I know about this story comes from Kos diarists.

Update: USA Today, just before 11 pm:
"I have nothing whatsoever to do with this," Stone told USA TODAY. "I'm a firm believer in political hardball, but I draw the line at forged documents."

No comments:

Post a Comment