Search This Blog

Thursday, July 07, 2005

London bombs

A number of people have arrived here in the past 24 hours looking for information about the latest attacks in London.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to add to any ongoing discussion. And I don't think anyone knows enough yet to provide deep analysis. As Jack Straw (and others) declared in the past 24 hours, the attacks had "hallmarks of an al Qaeda related attack," but we just don't know yet:
"This is clearly an al Qaeda style attack. It was well-coordinated, it was timed for a political event, and it was a multiple attack on a transportation system at rush hour," said Lawrence Freedman, professor of war studies at King's College in London.
Other countries who have supported the Iraq war at one time or another have been victimized by terror attacks in the past two years. That's a possible connection.

I'll blog more when I know more -- and when I return from traveling.


PS: My wife got a text message from her sister in London. She is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment