Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Louisville welcomes a blogger

Heather Hurlburt of Democracy Arsenal is coming to Louisville Monday to speak to the local Committee on Foreign Relations. I have a seminar in the evening, which conflicts with the event, so I'm meeting her at the airport and taking her to coffee (well, actually, I'm a tea guy).

She's connected:
From 1996 to 2001, Ms. Hurlburt served in the Clinton Administration. She initially served as a State Department speechwriter and member of the policy planning staff for Secretaries Warren Christopher and Madeleine Albright. From 1999 to 2001, she was a Special Assistant and speechwriter to President Clinton.
I listened to one of her coauthors talk while on sabbatical last year. The piece they wrote on nation-building is good.

I'm guessing she will be a part of some Democratic presidential campaign in 2008, advising on foreign policy issues.

Anything in particular I should ask her -- or try to pass along in "netroots" fashion?


Visit this blog's homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment