Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sports break

Twenty-four hours from now, I'll be glued to the TV watching Kansas play Southern Illinois in college hoops. I picked KU to win the entire tournament in several pools and hope they move on to the Elite Eight for the first time since 2004.

Rock chalk, Jayhawk!

Meanwhile, the Original Bitnet Fantasy Baseball League is conducting its pre-season draft. We pick a couple of guys each day via updated rankings. My Louisville Sluggers made several trades and cut to 12 players, so the team is much younger than it used to be.

I'll be waiting for guys like Daric Barton (#67), Billy Butler (#25), Adam Jones (#28), Tim Lincecum (#11), James Loney (#44), and Troy Tulowitzki (#15) to blossom as major leaguers. Those ratings denote Baseball America's rating of those prospects in 2007.

Three of the youngsters have yet to appear in a major league game. Did I mention this is a long-term keeper league with 23 other owners?

I also kept "veteran" Jeremy Hermida (#4 on the 2006 list).

Oh, and I retained Josh Beckett, Edwin Encarnacion, Rich Harden, Rich Hill, Derek Jeter, Jose Lopez, Jim Thome

Also drafted so far? Mike Jacobs, David DeJesus and Claudio Vargas.

I know that no one cares, but this helps me remember my roster down the road. Feel free to evaluate any of the players in the comments.


Visit this blog's homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment