Search This Blog

Saturday, March 07, 2009

The week in review

Monday, I managed to blog "Iran's bomb" at Duck of Minerva.

Tuesday, I attended a luncheon for the Executive Committee of the Louisville Committee on Foreign Relations. I'm supposed to try to recruit a couple of new members, so local readers might want to let me know if the group sounds interesting.

Tuesday, the Grawemeyer World Order award winner arrived in town and I was fairly busy with related events. If you missed seeing or hearing Michael Johnston when he was here, check out the audio stream of his WFPL "State of Affairs" interview, a podcast video interview with university PR people, or (eventually) a video podcast of his excellent lecture.

Friday, I chaired a panel at the Kentucky Political Science Association Annual Meeting. I presided over the delivery of two interesting papers -- one by Louisville's Visiting Aung San Suu Kyi Endowed Chair Bob Bedeski on "The Genealogy of Modern Asian Dictatorship: From Chinggis Khan to Kim Jong Il" and one on "Peace through Trade: Can the Dragon be Tamed?" by Jim Masterson of Morehead State.


Visit this blog's homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment