Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Derby weekend

This Saturday, Louisville's Churchill Downs will host the 136th Kentucky Derby, typically called the most exciting two minutes in sports.

I've never been to the track for the Derby, but I usually watch the race on TV and experience some of the other related events. "Thunder Over Louisville" ("the largest annual pyrotechnics display in North America") is visible from my house and today I saw a bit of the Pegasus Parade.

This year, some locals are already buzzing about the forthcoming film "Secretariat," which will tell the story of the greatest racing horse of them all -- the 1973 Triple Crown Winner. The film is slated to debut in October.

The 1973 Belmont Stakes was perhaps the greatest sporting achievement I've witnessed in my life:



View the film's trailer.

Visit this blog's homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment